Re: xhci problem -> general protection fault

On Wed, Dec 09, 2020 at 03:11:14PM +0200, Mathias Nyman wrote:
<>
> I was testing with Andrzej's script against a g_zero gadget.
> I could  trigger many similar issues as those he reported, but not this
> dequeue issue you see.
>
> The rewrite resolved all issues I saw. Script was running without issues
> over night. (tested against both USB2 and USB3).
>
> I haven't tried with two devices simultaneously, I could try that.
>
> Could you share more details about the system you have, what xhci
> controller do you have?

Sure.  I'm running with the following CPU:

Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6154 CPU @ 3.00GHz

with 72 virtual cores, if that matters.

The full output of "lsusb -vvv" can be found here:

https://gist.github.com/rzwisler/8c61f10c7a9642cbc6fffe1daadfa8cc

And here is the xhci entry in "lspci -vvv":

00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation C620 Series Chipset Family USB 3.0 xHCI Controller (rev 09) (prog-if 30 [XHCI])
	Subsystem: Lenovo C620 Series Chipset Family USB 3.0 xHCI Controller
	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr+ Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx+
	Latency: 0
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 38
	NUMA node: 0
	IOMMU group: 16
	Region 0: Memory at 90320000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
	Capabilities: <access denied>
	Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd
	Kernel modules: xhci_pci

We've seen this issue on a variety of hardware from Lenovo and HP, so it's not
specific to this specific workstation model (Lenovo P920).

I repro the issue by running the bulk-cancel program against my "servo"
hardware, which is debugging hardware for Chromebooks.  As I said, though, I
can repro it easily without having a device attached, so I *think* all you
need is a device which handles BULK IN commands.  I've got 2, and if I run
against both my system repros the issue in under a minute, usually.  With 1 it
takes a little longer but still repros, so I don't think it's an interaction
between the two devices.

Please let me know if I can provide anything else of value.