Re: xhci problem -> general protection fault

On 19.11.2020 18.52, Ross Zwisler wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 1:45 AM Mathias Nyman
> <mathias.nyman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I've been focusing on this part so rewrite shouldn't take long.
>> If hardware is still giving incorrect values after this we might
>> also need a quirk on top of it.
>
> Hi Mathias,
>
> I just wanted to check back in on this and see how things were going.
> Can Andrzej and I help test anything for you?  Have you been able to
> reproduce this issue locally?  Anything else we can do to help?
>
> Thanks,
> - Ross

I think I got most of the functionality now working.
The series is not in upstream shape, but should work, and can be tested.
just pushed it to a rewrite_halt_stop_handling branch in my tree, ten patches on top of 5.10-rc4

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mnyman/xhci.git rewrite_halt_stop_handling
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mnyman/xhci.git/log/?h=rewrite_halt_stop_handling

It still contains dead code that needs to be removed, and all streams (uas) cases are not
handled properly, it won't pass checkpatch.. and so on,  but it should be testable.

Thanks
-Mathias