Re: xhci problem -> general protection fault

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 8:04 AM Mathias Nyman
<mathias.nyman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think I got most of the functionality now working.
> The series is not in upstream shape, but should work, and can be tested.
> just pushed it to a rewrite_halt_stop_handling branch in my tree, ten patches on top of 5.10-rc4
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mnyman/xhci.git rewrite_halt_stop_handling
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mnyman/xhci.git/log/?h=rewrite_halt_stop_handling
>
> It still contains dead code that needs to be removed, and all streams (uas) cases are not
> handled properly, it won't pass checkpatch.. and so on,  but it should be testable.
>
> Thanks
> -Mathias

Unfortunately I'm still able to reproduce the failure with your
patches.  Here is a dmesg:

https://gist.github.com/rzwisler/05e52020e87f0ccd6185182be999dae0

I was testing at this commit:

3c1f3ab219e5f xhci: handle halting transfer event properly after
endpoint stop and halt raced.

Turning on ftrace makes it much harder to reproduce.  Should I keep
trying for a repro with tracing turned on, or is the fact that it
still happens informative enough to know we have to look elsewhere for
a solution?

Thanks,
- Ross