Re: USB Mass Storage + Ethernet Composite Gadget problems

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 10:33 PM, Marek
Szyprowski<m.szyprowski@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I just did one more experiment. I've selected to install the driver manually in
> Windows wizard and I seleted the standard linux.inf for Linux RNDIS Ethernet gadget
> (from Documentation/usb/linux.inf, we used it earlier for the standard g_ether usb
> gadget module in RNDIS mode, it is available for example here:
> http://beagleboard.googlecode.com/files/linux.inf ).
>
> I was really surprised, the driver installed correctly and RNDIS connection started
> working! So the real problem is to create a proper .inf for Windows (that linux.inf
> was not recognised automatically).

So it works, right? Glad to hear that.

Take note you need an INF file for the RNDIS device. Windows has the built-in
core driver files for the USB RNDIS device, but you need to provide the
INF file. The same is for the CDC-ACM device, Windows has the built-in
usbser.sys driver, but you still need an INF file to install the driver.

By the way, I believe that INF file is flawed. Firstly it will not
work for 64bit
Windows.

You may want to try out the inf files here for 64bit Windows.
http://predev.wikidot.com/usbnet-setup

The better thing is to combine the 32bit INF file and 64bit INF file
together following Microsoft's recommendation.

Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com