USB Mass Storage + Ethernet Composite Gadget problems

Hello everyone,

I've been working on a USB Composite Gadget driver taken from Palm Pre source code[1]. I managed to somehow port it to kernel 2.6.30 and it works great if only mass storage is enabled. However, if I change it to support both mass storage and RNDIS (which is our goal for now) Windows has hard time detecting the device (ie. missing drivers). Linux on the other hand, handles everything quite fine.

So now, first of all, does anyone know about any newer implementations of USB Composite Gadget which support at least mass storage and Ethernet? Is there any work going on on such a gadget? Am I missing something or is there only a Ethernet and CDC Composite Gadget in mainstream Linux kernel which support CDC and RNDIS only?

Second of all, does anyone have any experience with the Palm code[1]? Or at least, could anyone help up with handling this driver under Windows? Anyone knows how to create Windows drivers for a custom made composite gadget? As said earlier, I'm tryingo to create mass storage + RNDIS composite gadget and so need Windows driver which would handle (at least) that.

Also, while testing various gadget, standard mass storage in particular, the following issue has arisen. Windows detects the device and shows it as a mass storage device in Device Manager, however, no volume appears in My Computer. The same device, connected to Linux works properly.

[1] http://palm.cdnetworks.net/opensource/1.0.1/linuxkernel-2.6.24.tgz
    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/opensource/1.0.1/linux-2.6.24-patch.gz

--
Best regards,                                            _     _
 .o. | Liege of Serenly Enlightened Majesty of         o' \,=./ `o