RE: USB Mass Storage + Ethernet Composite Gadget problems

Hello,

Michal is working with me on that composite gadget, he already went home,
so let me answer these questions.

On Friday, July 03, 2009 2:53 PM Xiaofan Chen wrote:

> >    Interface Association:
> >      bLength                 8
> >      bDescriptorType        11
> >      bFirstInterface         0
> >      bInterfaceCount         2
> >      bFunctionClass          2 Communications
> >      bFunctionSubClass       6 Ethernet Networking
> >      bFunctionProtocol       0
> >      iFunction              10 USB Ethernet Gadget
>
> So it is already using IAD.
>
> Do you have the real Palm Pre and what is the Windows driver for it?

Unfortunately no - we don't have real Palm and original Windows drivers for it.
We only adapted Palm open source kernel usb gadget driver for our ARM S3C6410
based platform and we are trying to get it working with Windows host.

> You may want to check that out. Are they using the USB RNDIS driver
> or custom driver?

They are using standard RNDIS driver, it is well detected under Linux and
works there fine with 'rndis_host' driver.

Best regards
--
Marek Szyprowski
Samsung Poland R&D Center