Re: USB Mass Storage + Ethernet Composite Gadget problems

2009/7/3 Michał Nazarewicz <m.nazarewicz@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 11:23:31 +0200, Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> 2009/7/3 Michał Nazarewicz <m.nazarewicz@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>>
>>> My guess is, neither mass storage nor RNDIS driver matches the
>>> device and so Windows tries to look for the driver matching
>>> the vendor+product ID pair.
>
>> What is the error message you get under Windows for your
>> USB composite device? It should have three entries under
>> Device Manager. One is USB Composite device (for the whole device),
>> one is the USB mass storage device (for the USB mass storage
>> interface) and the USB RNDIS device (for the RNDIS interface).
>
> Currently, only "USB Mass Storage Device" is present.  Properties window
> shows a "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" error message.  No volume
> (either in My Computer or Computer Management->Disk Management) is shown.
>  No entries regarding the RNDIS functionality or USB Composite.  Do I need
> to install the "USB Common Class Generic Parent Driver"?  I'll try to read
> the link you've send -- maybe it'll help.

In that case, your device firmware is not working. You should not need to
install the parent driver as Windows should be able to handle it
automatically.

What is your descriptor? Please post the output of "lsusb -vvv" under
Linux if your device works under Linux.

I can not remember exactly whether IAD is necessary for USB composite device
involving RNDIS . But you may want to use IAD (interface association
descriptor).
At least IAD is the recommended method to get USB composite device involving
CDC-ACM for Windows (you need XP SP3 or Vista as XP SP2 has some bugs
to get that working).
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/connect/usb/usbfaq_intermed.mspx
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-usb/msg19117.html

--