Re: USB Mass Storage + Ethernet Composite Gadget problems

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 10:00 PM, Xiaofan Chen<xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hmm, you should at least get the driver packages of Palm Pre and try that.
>
> Anyway, could you post the inf file you are using for the RNDIS part?
> You may need slightly different inf file for the rndis part when it is
> part of the composite device than when it is a single interface RNDIS
> device.
>
> From what I read, there are three mode for the Palm Pre USB. One is
> the "USB drive mode", the other is the USB charger mode, the last one
> is the media sync mode (iPod clone mode). Do you implement all three
> modes? If yes, does any of the three mode work?

>From this page, it does not seem to use RNDIS at all under Windows.
http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/common/article/50331_en.html

"Windows: **If the Found New Hardware wizard opens, click Cancel. **
When prompted, select Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer."
It seems that it only uses the USB mass storage mode.

Not so sure if this helps. It seems to me that you need to enable
usbnet by yourself.
http://predev.wikidot.com/usbnet-setup

But the best is to get the real USB driver and the real Palm Pre
to test. You can compare the real INF file to your INF file.
You can also debug the code 10 problem with the links I posted
before. To debug Code 10 error, you can try to check the
log file setupapi.log.
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/install/setupapilog.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/install/diagnose.mspx

--