Re: pxa270 udc

Hi Daniel,

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Daniel Ribeiro <drwyrm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a similar issue with my pxa27x device.
>
> My bootloader initializes the UDC, and gives control to kernel while the
> UDC is enabled.

I'm using haret cvs as my bootloader and it simply sets UDDCR = 0,
aside from that it does not initialize the UDC.

> On previous pxa27x-udc versions this resulted on a kernel panic, with
> the current version it does not panic, but the host doesn't detect the
> device gadget. If I unplug/plug the USB cable, then the host detects the
> gadget driver and enumarates it correctly, but then it simply does not
> work (i cant ping the device).

I also have to disconnect / reconnect the usb cable to my device, and
then it's enumerated properly. The kernel even loads the cdc_ether /
rndis_gadget drivers:

usb 1-2.2: USB disconnect, address 20
usb 1-2.2: new full speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 22
usb 1-2.2: configuration #2 chosen from 2 choices
usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_ether
usbcore: registered new interface driver rndis_host

$ sudo lsusb
Bus 001 Device 022: ID 0525:a4a2 Netchip Technology, Inc. Linux-USB
Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget

But I also have the same issue - I can't ping the client device -
actually there is no usbX ethernet device on the host system after its
reconnected. On the client device, the usb0 ethernet device is
properly initialized.