Re: pxa270 udc

Em Seg, 2009-05-04 às 00:29 +0200, Christopher Friedt escreveu:
> Well, I still haven't gotten the ethernet gadget to show up on my host
> machine, but I did get the framebuffer working :)
>
> It's wierd, the handheld shows that usb0 is configured as an ethernet
> gadget, but on the host machine, it doesn't change (it's still showing
> up as a 'generic ppc flash device').
>
> I'll have another go at it sometime this week.

I have a similar issue with my pxa27x device.

My bootloader initializes the UDC, and gives control to kernel while the
UDC is enabled.

On previous pxa27x-udc versions this resulted on a kernel panic, with
the current version it does not panic, but the host doesn't detect the
device gadget. If I unplug/plug the USB cable, then the host detects the
gadget driver and enumarates it correctly, but then it simply does not
work (i cant ping the device).

I hacked the bootloader to disable the UDC before giving control to
kernel and this fixed the issue. But i think that the kernel driver
should be able to work doesn't matter the state at which the UDC is
delivered to it. Just my 2c.

--
Daniel Ribeiro