Re: Trouble with D-Link hub.

Karl Kiniger wrote:
..forgot to Cc linux-usb

On Fri 090515, Karl Hiramoto wrote:
Dave Higton wrote:
On Thursday May 14, Ethan wrote:

I'm having trouble with a 7-port, powered USB hub made by D-Link
(model DUB-7).  The devices plugged into the hub seem to work fine for
[.......]
that most mass storage devices won't work through it, though they
work fine when connected directly to the computer.  I would be
interested in any insight that this thread might give me.

Dave
I thik this hub has the philips ISP1521 chip in it.. It has only one TT per port. I've notitced if you have all high speed devices, it seems to work. If it stops working you have to unplug/plug it to reset it.

I misspoke.  It only has one TT total, shared among all ports.
I think windows has the same issue:
http://www.techtalkz.com/microsoft-device-drivers/243707-usb-problem-when-using-philips-isp1521-based-hub.html

Ouch. We are using the same Philips chip in our products (ISP 1521BE)
and are experiencing device enumeration problems whenever a full speed
device is connected to the hub. E.g. under XP (not so much under Linux)
a memory stick is not deteced when plugged in. Sometimes also
device removal is not noticed by the OS which gives interesting effects
when re-plugging the same device into a different port (XP may
blue-screen :)

If someone has pointers to discussions about that matter pls let me
know.

The only workaround I know of when using this chip is to disable EHCI. Works on linux and windows.

--
Karl