Re: Custom MSC Driver

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 12:47:27PM +0530, Madhukar G wrote:
> > Are you sure that really is doing what you think it is doing?
> > (hint, it isn't...)
> >
> > Try using the correct flag here and it will work much better...
> >

> I tried using IGNORE_DEVICE but i got compilation errors (undeclared
> expression). Currently I'm using kernel version 2.6.14. Is this flag
> not available in this version.

Wow, that kernel is many years old, why are you using such an obsolete
kernel for new development?  I would encourage you to use a more modern
kernel release.

> Can you let me know the correct flag that i can use?

IGNORE_DEVICE is the correct one.

> > I still don't understand why you are writing a separate usb-storage
> > driver for your device.  Please explain this.
> >

> My aim is to modify a mass storage class driver with USB attached SCSI
> protocol stack (available in www.t10.org). At the same time i wanted
> to have a separate driver for generic mass storage class devices.

They should be the same driver, why split them apart?

> The only difference between generic mass storage device and UASP
> device is that, UASP device provides an additional interface
> descriptor and share the same device class (USB_CLASS_MASS_STORAGE).

That should not be enough to have to create a whole new driver, right?

And again, why are you using 2.6.14 for new development?

still confused,

greg k-h