Re: USB 3 XHCI Host Controller in Ubuntu

On 22.12.2015 14:16, Andor J Kiss wrote:
Hi Mathias,

   Ok, good to know.  How do I add to the quirk list?

Once we got code to workaround the issue we can name a quirk for it.
Then in drivers/usb/core/quirks.c we set the quirk based on device/vendor ID of the device.

But we are not there yet.

   I contacted SP, they dn't understand how Linux works (told me to
update my drivers ????).  Anyway, maybe I'll look into the USB
analyzer.  Will a virtual one work, or does one need a hardware device?

Hardware one needed in this case (for LFPS signalling and LTSSM states)

-Mathias