Re: [linux-usb-users] g_serial is not working in rx path (K3.14)

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 11:17 PM, Ramajayam S
<ramajayam.samudi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 9:50 PM, Felipe Balbi <balbi@xxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> hi,
>>
>> Ramajayam S <ramajayam.samudi@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>> Hi
>>>    We are trying to enable g_serial in Intel platform and facing
>>> issue with RX path.
>>>
>>> stable kernel version: K3.14
>>
>> you need to test with something more recent, like v4.3. If you are stuck
>> with Intel' v3.14 kernel, then you need to ask for support from Intel,
> ok
>> I'm afraid
>>
>>> configuration enabled: USB_G_SERIAL
>>>
>>> testing details:
>>>
>>> writing from device side(ttyS0) to Windows Host(com 11-g_serial): working fine
>>>
>>> from ttyS0: echo test > /dev/ttyGS0  -- received in comm 11
>>>
>>> Typing any character from windows host pc(com 11 using teraterm) to
>>> device side: not working
>>
>> what do you mean not working ? What happens ? Got usbmon trace or some
>> usb sniffer ?
> We have profiled using USB SW analyzer, by pressing enter key from USB
> console(ttyGS0-com11 ) both the OUT/IN token sent from Host
> PC(windows).
> For IN token,
> Working case: device is responded with proper data(approx 20 bytes for
> command prompt display in ttyGSO-com11) and able to see raw data in
> function   gs_write.
> Non-Working Case: device is responded  with 1 byte of data and  able
> to see raw data in function   gs_write (no response in command prompt
> display --ttyGS0-com11)
If we had print in n_tty_read function(after job_control function),
console(ttyGS0-Com11) is working fine with double key press.
1st key press(enter key): user space is requesting to read 512 bytes
of data instead of 1 byte -- non working scenario
2nd key Press(enter key): user space is requesting to read 1 byte of
data --  working scenario
Ramajayam S