Re: optimal io size / custom alignment

I was not saying RAIDs are virtual devices. I just mentioned it
because I saw things like virtio-blk or zram use blk_queue_io_opt().

I know they all use VPDs, but the main point is whether those hardware
RAIDs or so are handled by sd_mod, and whether those "transfer
lengths" info are still important when it's just a simple drive. To me
they look like to be of different nature. That's why I think it's
inappropraite that they use the same "variable" / "file" to report
because that makes tools like fdisk have trouble determining when does
those values really matters.

In fact, (maybe I am just unlucky :P) VPDs of all my devices are to
some extent broken. I just found out today my Intel 530 SSD connecting
directly to SATA also reports totally garbage values for TRIM : (

To be honest the UAS thing doesn't really affect me a lot, I mostly
use gdisk now (which doesn't care about i/o size AFAIK). I can also
disable uas with the quirk so that VPDs are skipped when I really need
fdisk for msdos/mbr. It's just I think that it kind of reveal a
problem that has to be dealt with sooner or later, though you can
optimistically think that vendors would do better on VPDs in the
future.