Re: optimal io size / custom alignment

Tom> No I put it in the wrong way. What I meant was "sd vs md". For
Tom> example, couldn't the scsi disk driver bind the value it reads from
Tom> the VPD to another variable instead of "optimal i/o size", so that
Tom> this value would be exclusively for RAID (and other virtual
Tom> devices)?

Who says that RAID is a virtual device? Hardware RAID controllers as
well as SAS, iSCSI and Fibre Channel disk arrays all use the Block
Limits VPD to communicate their preferred I/O size and alignment to
us. As do enterprise disk drives.

We deal with broken devices by blacklisting them. I suggest you try to
find a way we can reliably identify your UAS devices. If there is a
common pattern, we can entertain adding a workaround.