Re: XHCI, "brain-dead scanner", and microframe rounding

>> (Unless, ofcourse I blindly got it right at the first try and everthing works flawlessly:)
>
> ... which appears to have been the case, actually. I love it when code works the first time. :)
> Here's the dmesg log in case there's anything you need to know in there:
> http://spark.crystalorb.net/mikem/dmesg.log
> I plug in the scanner at about 425 seconds, and start the scan around 477.
>
> This is awesome! I'm not familiar with how long this sort of fix usually takes to show up in official kernels; when might that happen? I'd be interested to try and get it picked up by distribution kernel packages (if the patch applies cleanly) so I can start using them again.

Great, that's good news.

The patch is affecting others than just scanner so I'm going to run some basic
tests with it before sending it further.

we're late for 3.19, but could make it as a early fix for 3.20-rc kernel, ending up in final 3.20.

crystal ball says final 3.20 is out in mid April.
http://phb-crystal-ball.org/

-Mathias