Re: XHCI, "brain-dead scanner", and microframe rounding

Hi

Can you add xhci debugging by enabling CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG, and run
`echo -n 'module xhci_hcd =p' > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control`
as root,
and send me the output of dmesg.

Without debugging info it's hard to guess what's going on.

The microframe rounding look a bit suspicious:
[12864.453456] usb 3-4: ep 0x81 - rounding interval to 128 microframes, ep desc says 255 microframes

xhci specs says it needs the interval rounded to nearest 2^(X) value, which would be 256, not 128. I'll take a look at that.

An other possibility is that it's related to how xhci handles halted endpoints. I got some untested code to fix this, It needs a lot of cleanup but can be tested.

If you are able to test my ep_reset_halt_test branch (with xhci debugging) I'd be interested to know if it helps.

Code is at:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mnyman/xhci.git ep_reset_halt_test

-Mathias

Thanks! I've built a kernel from fb58633e with CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG enabled.
(I also had to mount debugfs, it turns out.) The scanner does not work in
this configuration. I've posted the logs here:

http://spark.crystalorb.net/mikem/dmesg.log
http://spark.crystalorb.net/mikem/scanadf.log

dmesg seems to have much more information than what showed up on the
console (which showed only MATTU messages); it may be relevant when
sifting through that output that the root file system is also on USB.

Mike