Re: Tegra30 work around broken firmware.

On 13.03.2018 22:24, Stephen Warren wrote:
> On 03/13/2018 01:15 PM, Dmitry Osipenko wrote:
>> On 13.03.2018 21:08, Peter Geis wrote:
>>> Good Afternoon,
>>>
>>> I have successfully booted 4.14 and 4.16 on the Ouya, with L2 cache support.
>>
>> Awesome :)
>>
>>> I am having three major hangups right now.
>>>
>>> I can't seem to find a valid frambuffer driver for the fbconsole.
>>
>> Please show the dmesg log, it should contain some errors. Add drm.debug=0xe to
>> the kernels cmdline.
>>
>>> The old kernel eEMMC support seems to be a hack job.
>>
>> Most likely eMMC has a custom downstream partitioning that is not supported by
>> upstream. You should be able to specify partitions manually using
>> CONFIG_CMDLINE_PARTITION, though I never used it myself. If that's your problem
>> with eMMC.
>
> Yes, older Android devices tended to use a "TegraPT" (Tegra Partition Table)
> format rather than GPT. They also tend to consider the eMMC boot0, boot1, and
> user HW partitions as a single logical device that gets partitioned by TegraPT,
> rather than as completely separate devices. At least that's true for the
> flashing utilties; I can't remember whether TegraPT only exists within the user
> HW partition or not. The best reference for this is one of the NVIDIA downstream
> kernels (such as the original Ouya kernel source).

Or if bootloader passes something like "gpt gpt_sector=61079551" in cmdline,
then apply this patch [0] and it should just work (if eMMC HW is up and running
fine).

[0]
https://github.com/digetx/picasso_upstream_support/commit/9ced0e6b27545953bd68b9b042d221c6faade203