Re: Tegra30 work around broken firmware.

On 03/13/2018 01:15 PM, Dmitry Osipenko wrote:
On 13.03.2018 21:08, Peter Geis wrote:
Good Afternoon,

I have successfully booted 4.14 and 4.16 on the Ouya, with L2 cache support.

Awesome :)

I am having three major hangups right now.

I can't seem to find a valid frambuffer driver for the fbconsole.

Please show the dmesg log, it should contain some errors. Add drm.debug=0xe to
the kernels cmdline.

The old kernel eEMMC support seems to be a hack job.

Most likely eMMC has a custom downstream partitioning that is not supported by
upstream. You should be able to specify partitions manually using
CONFIG_CMDLINE_PARTITION, though I never used it myself. If that's your problem
with eMMC.

Yes, older Android devices tended to use a "TegraPT" (Tegra Partition Table) format rather than GPT. They also tend to consider the eMMC boot0, boot1, and user HW partitions as a single logical device that gets partitioned by TegraPT, rather than as completely separate devices. At least that's true for the flashing utilties; I can't remember whether TegraPT only exists within the user HW partition or not. The best reference for this is one of the NVIDIA downstream kernels (such as the original Ouya kernel source).