Re: "Accessibility in Fedora Workstation" (fwd)

But Brian, the NFB did ask Microsoft to stop development of Narrator.
In fact, it would be illegal for Microsoft to continue development of Narrator to the exclusion of other screen reader. Essentually, you are claiming that the NFB merely asked Microsoft to not do something that is illegal anyway.
And it's not even what actually happened. Microsoft did stop development on Narrator.
This was never about accessibility of the API. It was always about competition between Freedom Scientific and Microsoft. You said so yourself earlier in this very thread, "
When Microsoft began putting a real effort into Narrator, there
wer  those of us who were concerned that it would put Freedom scientific out of business."