RE: "Accessibility in Fedora Workstation" (fwd)

Not true yet again.  I am sure you were in some of these conversations.  Why
don't we talk about the time Freedom went to the congress and whined about
Microsoft trying to put blind coders out of business's.  We might all want
to dig into the congressional record and see what was actually said.  With
that said.  Your comment that the only reason Freedom and the others could
do what they did  is because of the way you guys made them keep their API's
etc.  I disagree whole heartedly.  You know what would have been the best
thing for accessibility?  If we would have been locked out and the coders
that fought with MsDos and made it work with no help from Microsoft    This
is very clear just by the way things like Anti viruses grew with no help
from Microsoft and only later did Microsoft decide to be part of that world.
What happened is the people that were most invested were scared away from
truly helping by the fear of law  suits.  Go ahead and look back at the
congressional record where Freedom said that a screen reader included in
Microsoft would put Blind developers out of business.  They could not see
where both sides could win.  They wanted to tame Microsoft and the current
state of Screen readers is what we got.  The early release Narrators in XP
service pack three was amazing then Freedom wined and suddenly you couldn't
even install an your own OS till like middle vista.  Ridiculous.