Re: About no_interrupt?

Samuel,
I am not being provocative, just curious, but why?
By which I mean, why should a company who, and I may be wrong, likely developed these voices for other goals, choose to create something to work with speakup? again, drawing on far from Linux related experience, but to insure a screen reader functioned fully with a specific source of speech, those developing the screen reader wrote configuration files to match the needs of that synthesizer, not the other way around. It is how, again for me personally, I can have one synthesizer, but have more than one screen reader on my computer. as installed, I located the specific config file associated with my synthesizer, including it in the install process.

that way a screen reader could insure performance integrity across the board, while allow individuals to use the best synthesizers for their personal needs. Granted there is, to my mind, a great difference between text to Speech, and a screen reader working well with various types of speech synthesizers, but that is me.
Kare