Re: Git hosting (was Re: Solving screenreader sound problems ...)

Jookia <contact@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I generally go by WCAG 2.1 guidelines at the moment for a definition of
> 'accessibility'.
>
> Currently the only provider I see that almost fits this bill is GitHub.

Github is ok.  But sourcehut is far more usable due to a strong
emphasis on "no bullshit".  You won't find this in guidelines or in
technical definitions.

Do you actually test with screenreaders?  How about Orca?  Do you have
access to a Raspberry Pi 4?  An x86 machine would work, but I think a
Raspberry Pi 4 with Orca is a nice environment for testing.  If you
don't have an installation with Orca easy to hand, but you do have a Pi
4, I can send you an image you could test with.

Assuming you've got Orca running, you should try using the following two
sites in Firefox.  I picked a couple repos at random, for a compare-and-contrast.

https://github.com/curl/curl
https://sr.ht/~vpzom/lotide/

--
Chris Brannon