Re: the push to get rid of CONFIG_VT in the kernel and the future of Speakup

It was for stuff like this that we created the International Association of Visually Impaired Technologists. The #1 problem we sought to address is that there's knowledge out there on how to do this kind of thing but it resides in the head of individuals scattered about cyberspace.

Would you be willing to write a blog or a wiki entry about this for the IAVIT web site? Maybe we could put out a bootable image with most of the work already done.

BTW, grml just released a new version for testing today. I've been planning on putting out a fork of grml that has a kernel patched for speakup and hardware synths and a few other niceties for the blind. But there are only so many hours in the day.