Re: the push to get rid of CONFIG_VT in the kernel and the future of Speakup

That's awesome Chris. I always thought having software speech in the
initrd would be very neat; the equivalent of having a hardware synth
at boot more or less. I wasn't sure if there is such a thing as a too
big initrd. Your post tells me the answer is no, at least in your
case. The second and harder part is figuring out what exactly needs to
go in the initrd to get software speech, while not putting in the
initrd more than is necessary. Could you please consider doing a brief
write-up on the procedure you used? I would find something like that
to be a helpful and interesting read, and I'm sure others would as
well.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net