Re: Upcoming sparse release RC5

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 11:31 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Why do you want that stupid linear history in the first place? Why
> can't you just merge Luc's git tree? That's how git is supposed to
> work, and it makes it easier for everybody.
>
> This whole rebasing is a disease. It is basically *impossible* to work
> sanely with other people if you keep rebasing.

I carefully think over it. You are right. Try to clean up history actually
make the whole integration a lot worse. I will take your advice and just
do the simple git merge on master from now on.

> You mustn't rebase other peoples work (because that causes tons of
> extra work for them) when you pull, and if you apply any other patches
> (or commit any of your own work), then Luc's branch by definition will
> need merging.

I will remember no to rebase other peoples work..

Thanks.

Chris