Re: Upcoming sparse release RC5

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 3:34 AM, Christopher Li <sparse@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you maintain that "for-chris" to aggregate your own topic branch.
> I can just use "for-chris" as a base to rease the sparse-next,
> I only need to rebase patches not from you.

Yes, exactly.

> I do want to have the flexibility to rebase spase-next.
> It is just how to do it in a way impact you less.

Just don't rebase my series. I maintain a few aggregation
branches with all the topics branches I need and often
do new dev on top of them because I need to.
When I don't need it I base new dev on some stable point
like master.

If it is a small thing I did the day before, it won't probably be a big
problem but for older stuff it is.

>>> I often need to seek clarify if this patches series is mean for merge.
>>> If you make that in the dedicate pull branch, I will know for sure.

Let's do as we had agreed: real pull request will have "[GIT PULL]"
in the email and will always be from the 'for-chris'. I also guarantee
that the pull will not need a non-trivial merge when done from
the current sparse-next.

-- Luc