Re: Upcoming sparse release RC5

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 12:41 PM, Luc Van Oostenryck
<luc.vanoostenryck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I think I use one of your branch as base. I will fix it now.
>
> You have now rebased an existing branch,
> the one for "fix crash with sym->bb_target == NULL".
> There was no reasons for that.

I just do git rebase master from the sparse-next.

I think sparse-next was design to allow to rebase.

It is not about git pull any more, because I rebase the sparse-next
from your branch, I need rebase because I need to throw out the
patch replaced by yours in sparse-next.

Your branch is not fast forward to master.

If your branch is fast forward to master then I don't need to
rebase sparse-next to master again.

That being said, what is your recommended way to fix it instead
of rebase?

We can still fix up sparse-next as I haven't push to master.

Chris