Re: [BISECTED] - multiport braiboxes serial card broken between 4.8 and 4.9

On 2018-01-31 15:15:24 [+0100], Nikola Ciprich wrote:
> > …
> > > the close(x) seems to always take 30s now.. ttyS0 is fine..
> > >
> > > why could that be?
> >
> > it might want to wait until the FIFO is empty again. No clue. Do you see
> > interrupts coming? By setting the IRQ number to 0 (or using the patch
> > attached) it would use timer-base polling instead waiting for the
> > interrupt.
>
> yes, after setting IRQ to 0 using setserial, it seems to return to normal..
> but still it's a bug I guess? Also polling will consume some CPU time, especially
> with many serial devices?

By no means I suggest to use polling and be done with it.
So the patch I sent fixes the list_add issue with auto-probing. That is
good. However it seems autoprobing did not find the right IRQ for the
device. This seems to be the only problem because it works (or pretends
to work) with polling.
I have no idea how to fix autoprobing. If you dig the old irq numbers
then they should work with 4.14. The other way might be to figure out
why the driver does not set proper irq numbers.

> BR
>
> nik

Sebastian