Re: domain off

> Hi Krzystof,
>
> Thanks for the clarifications.
>
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 7:00 PM, Krzysztof Kozłowski
> <k.kozlowski.k@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hi Krzysztof,
>>>

>>> Are you saying that only power domains under "Local Power Control" can
>>> be attached to runtime PM and can be turned off?
>>>
>>> In that case, i dont see other domains such as peris, psgen, wcore in
>>> there, Hence these need to be always on?
>>>
>>> is my understanding correct?
>>
>> I don't know what kind of documentation you have. Judging by the
>> question above I think that you are asking me about interpretation of
>> datasheet... Really, your question is very strange... My Exynos5422
>> datasheet is quite specific on this topic.
>> Anyway you should ask for that to the vendor of the SoC - Samsung LSI.
>> It looks like you are looking for a support which should be given not
>> here, but by the vendor (because they sold you the SoC along with the
>> code).
>> Just to make it clear: I am not related anyhow to the Samsung LSI. I
>> am speaking only for myself.
>>
>> As for the domains, you cannot independently control (under runtime
>> PM) all of the domains. Only some of them. Datasheet explicitly
>> describes what can be controlled. Other stuff is being turned off when
>> entering deeper sleep modes (like AFTR, SLEEP) - you can look for this
>> in cpuidle or suspend related code (open-source or vendor's).
>

> I could not find in the suspend code where it turns off all the domains on 5422
> in the vendor and linux-next kernel. Am i missing something?
>
> Or are you referring to some code?

Here:
http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/arch/arm/mach-exynos/pmu.c#L443
The exynos5420_pmu_config contains values for PMU registers applied
when entering AFTR/LPA (cpuidle) or SLEEP (suspend to RAM) modes.
Around line #534 the configuration for power domain starts:
http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/arch/arm/mach-exynos/pmu.c#L534

The array should configure all power domains to certain state (off or on).

Best regards,
Krzysztof