Re: domain off

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to power down power domains which are not used but i am
> unable to do so unless i write manually into the registers.
>
> Can anyone help me on the standard way to power down power domains on
> a exynos 5422.
>
> I  tried marking status /bts-status to disable in the device tree file
> for pd-disp1, but that does not help.
>
> What is the standard way of powering down if they are not used. Do we
> need to do using dt or somewhere in the kernel board file?

Hi,

The domains defined in DT (and enabled in DT... status=disabled marks
the *node* as disabled, not the power domain) are automatically turned
off when attached devices are runtime suspended. Use
PM_DEBUG+PM_ADVANCED_DEBUG and then:
cat /sys/kernel/debug/pm_genpd/pm_genpd_summary

Domains not present there are not defined so they are left in default
status set by bootloader (probably on).

BR,
Krzysztof