Re: parisc-linux.org losing hw hosting after this month

Hi Thibaut,

On 11/09/2013 10:26 PM, Thibaut Varène wrote:
>> Just as a side-note: Could we let it run as-is as long as possible?
>> At least until the A500 is really turned off?
>
> My plan is to setup new DNSes with the current situation to start
> with, and have Matt register them as zone DNS. That’ll be transparent
> for everyone, situation unchanged, until the A500 is powered off, at
> which point we can devise a new setup. As I told you, my primary
> concern is with email, so I’ll have that covered :)

That's good!

>> Dave & me have the parisc-linux debian dpkg repository still on the
>> A500 which is still in heavy use until the debian-ports repository
>> is mostly filled…
>
> I might be able to *temporarily* (emphasis on that word) host it,
> provided it’s not « too big », but as I said, specific protocols such
> as FTP or GIT are not possible (only HTTP).

HTTP would be absolutely fine. Actually, this is what we currently use.

I just checked the archive. It's currently - including temporary boot-disk-images - 19GB.
I don't think it will grow a lot during the next weeks/months, and given the
fact that there aren't so many parisc-users, the load will probably not
be high.

Helge