Re: parisc-linux.org losing hw hosting after this month

Le 9 nov. 2013 à 21:25, Helge Deller <deller@xxxxxx> a écrit :

> On 11/09/2013 08:17 PM, Matt Taggart wrote:
>> Thibaut Varène writes:
>>> Until then, it's presumably impossible to move the domain to a new
>>> owner. I've just tried with my registrar of choice (ovh.com) and it
>>> says that I can only move the domain there *without* changing ownership
>>
>> Weird. So does that mean to change ownership either you are going to have
>> to move it within my registrar or I am going to have to move it within
>> yours?
>>
>>> As a temporary workaround, I could give you the IP addresses of my DNS
>>> servers (once I've readied them for handling p-l.o, which, to begin
>>> with, means I have to copy the existing zone), which would for all
>>> practical purposes give me control over the domain until it can be
>>> properly moved next summer (which must not be forgotten, especially now
>>> that you've unlocked the domain).
>>
>> I can change the nameservers (or anything else about the domain) whenever,
>> just let me know. taggart@OFTC
>
> Just as a side-note:
> Could we let it run as-is as long as possible? At least until the A500 is really turned off?

My plan is to setup new DNSes with the current situation to start with, and have Matt register them as zone DNS. That’ll be transparent for everyone, situation unchanged, until the A500 is powered off, at which point we can devise a new setup. As I told you, my primary concern is with email, so I’ll have that covered :)

> Dave & me have the parisc-linux debian dpkg repository still on the A500 which is still in
> heavy use until the debian-ports repository is mostly filled…

I might be able to *temporarily* (emphasis on that word) host it, provided it’s not « too big », but as I said, specific protocols such as FTP or GIT are not possible (only HTTP).

HTH

T-Bone--