Re: parisc-linux.org losing hw hosting after this month

On 9-Nov-13, at 3:40 PM, Helge Deller wrote:

On 11/09/2013 09:33 PM, John David Anglin wrote:
On 9-Nov-13, at 3:25 PM, Helge Deller wrote:

On 11/09/2013 08:17 PM, Matt Taggart wrote:
Thibaut Varène writes:
Until then, it's presumably impossible to move the domain to a new
owner. I've just tried with my registrar of choice (ovh.com) and it says that I can only move the domain there *without* changing ownership

Weird. So does that mean to change ownership either you are going to have to move it within my registrar or I am going to have to move it within
yours?

As a temporary workaround, I could give you the IP addresses of my DNS servers (once I've readied them for handling p-l.o, which, to begin
with, means I have to copy the existing zone), which would for all
practical purposes give me control over the domain until it can be
properly moved next summer (which must not be forgotten, especially now
that you've unlocked the domain).

I can change the nameservers (or anything else about the domain) whenever,
just let me know. taggart@OFTC

Just as a side-note:
Could we let it run as-is as long as possible? At least until the A500 is really turned off?

Dave & me have the parisc-linux debian dpkg repository still on the A500 which is still in
heavy use until the debian-ports repository is mostly filled...

I want to setup a personal mirror while it's still on to facilitate the transition to ports.

Ok, but will you make your mirror visible to the world via http/ftp or will you keep it internal for you privately?

I wasn't planning to make it visible because my total uploads and downloads are limited by my ISP.

Dave
--
John David Anglin	dave.anglin@xxxxxxxx