Re: [RFC 00/24] OMAP serial driver flow control fixes, and preparation for DMA engine conversion

Hi Russell,
On Thursday 11 October 2012 03:24 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 03:13:43PM +0530, Sourav wrote:
Hi Kevin,
On Wednesday 10 October 2012 11:59 PM, Kevin Hilman wrote:
Hi Sourav,

Sourav <sourav.poddar@xxxxxx> writes:

[...]

Boot Tested this patch series against v3.6 tag(applied cleanly) on
panda board and
PM tested(hitting off in Idle and suspend) on omap3630 based beagle board.

Note, I also tested the patches against the current master but only
after rebasing, since the current master includes serial patches from
Felipe Balbi[1].
[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/8/24/139

Tested-by: Sourav Poddar <sourav.poddar@xxxxxx>
Did you test flow control after off-mode transitons?

Russell indicated that the context save/restore is not saving important
bits related to HW flow control, so I suspect some more testing,
specifically of flow control after off-mode is needed.

Kevin
The testing done was without any flow control enabled.
So, as the patch set is about fixing the flow control stuff, would
you say that your testing without flow control enabled has much value?
True. I missed that point while doing the testing. Sorry for that.
I further looked into it and saw some two options in my minicom settings(Hardware Flow Control/ Software Flow Control) Which I am thinking are the ones used to enable the flow control ? and they are both set to NO.

I already enable software flow control and did the testing on beagle, where things are working fine
after off mode.
But if I enable hardware flow control, the teraterm does not allow me to load my fs and uImage from mmc. If you have any pointers on how to test hardware flow control, I will like to do that on my beagle board.

Thanks,
Sourav

I will try to figure out how to do a hardware flow control testing
and see the status after the off mode.
It's software flow control which isn't properly restored...