Re: FEATURES - is it good enough

Alexander Shishkin said the following on 12/01/2009 05:42 PM:
> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 02:09:01 -0600, Nishanth Menon wrote:
>
>> Aguirre, Sergio had written, on 11/20/2009 01:43 PM, the following:

hmm.. just throwing more ideas up in the air:

Call method:
omap_ip_has_errata(u32 ip, u32 rev, u8 check_type,  u8 erratum)
where,
    ip = I2C, GPMC, MMC, etc..
    rev = revision number
    check_type = GT, LT, NE, EQ
    erratum = erratum type

omap_cpu_has_errata(u32 cpu_id, u32 rev, u8 check_type, u16 erratum)
where,
    cpu_id = 15xx, 16xx etc ( can this be a function pointer to
cpu_is..() functions? if so, how do we register this)
    rev = chip revision number
    check_type = GT, LT, NE, EQ
    erratum = erratum type

Registration/Initialization: ??

maybe this could be extended to features also..
Regards,
Nishanth Menon