RE: FEATURES - is it good enough

IMHO, That "for the time being" will stay forever if we don't do something now.

Most of the big problems are raised because someone says "ok, lets have this for
the time being". But that time never comes.

See that crazy CaMeL-Casing hanging around in /drivers/dsp/bridge/ for a while as
an example. When that will ever be fixed? I bet someone said some time:
"ok, lets fix it later" :-)

On the other hand. What's the big motivation to have this as a "feature"?

Who else than the serial driver cares about the "feature" awareness?

> b) a common silicon errata handling mechanism: Does anyone have
> proposals for this? I can see it help in numerous places in our code
> today and will help readability of the code instead of
> getting the risk
> of "feature not a bug" misread.. ;)..

My very personal opinion is that, good code commenting can make this very
clear.

But, the way it is right now, brings so much confusion (being a feature).

Regards,
Sergio