Re: Lay common foundation to make PVR/SGX work without hacks on OMAP34xx, OMAP36xx, AM335x and potentially OMAP4, OMAP5

Hi,

> Am 17.02.2019 um 14:32 schrieb Philipp Rossak <embed3d@xxxxxxxxx>:
>

> On 17.02.19 11:40, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>> Hi Philipp,

>>> Sorry I was busy the whole day. All current group members have admin rights. So feel free to add others.
>> No problem. We did wait for years for such an initiative arrive, so that a day or two doesn't matter...
>> I have a different technical problem. When I go to https://github.com/openpvrsgx-devgroup/linux_openpvrsgx
>> it just says "This repository is empty.". No link to clone or how to git remote add so that I can't start to contribute.
>> Maybe I am not yet set for "admin" rights.
> I fixed that. There was an additional setting for the repos that had to be set. Now you all should have admin rights also for the repos.

Is working now!

> Currently I'm pushing the latest linux on that repo (linux_openpvrsgx) so there should appear something in the next few hours. And we can start with the work.

I have pushed these four branches:

letux/latest-pvr				ddk1.14.3699939 from TI/IMG
						moved to drivers/staging/pvr
						rebased on v5.0-rc7

letux/omap-pvr-soc-glue		my patch set for omap3/am335x infrastructure (clocks, resets, hwmods, DT nodes)
						rebased on v5.0-rc7

letux/omap-pvr			ddk1.9/10 from TI
						moved to drivers/staging/pvr
						adjusted to compile in-kernel
						and work together with omap-pvr-soc-glue

letux/omap-pvr-demo		some demo scripts

My plan is to git mirror those as our Letux kernel work is going on.

Generally I see it as a reservoir of ideas and patches that can be cherry-picked into our new master branch.

For example, if we agree to start work on ddk1.14.3699939 we can merge this into master.

>> Regarding the mailing list: there seems to be a quite new "linux-sgx" list on vger with just 18 members but no archive.
>> But I found out that this is a different "SGX" = "Software Guard eXtensions (SGX)".
>> Archive: https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-sgx
>> So maybe someone with more reputation within kernel.org than I have should lobby for a mailing list for us again.
>> Or if linux-omap members agree, we could use linux-omap (at least initially) as some of us are already subscribed there.
>> BR and thanks,
>> Nikolaus

BR and thanks,
Nikolaus