Re: Possible to make nfs aware of a inotify watch has been set.

2012/11/30 Stef Bon <stefbon@xxxxxxxxx>:
> 2012/11/30 Steve French <smfrench@xxxxxxxxx>:

>> match closely to the existing Linux API.
>
> Hi,
>
> I start working on the seperate notifyfs servers.
> The whole advantage of that approach is that you can design the api
> from scratch. Notifyfs is not bound to the api of inotify. There
> remains the problem of mapping it to the fs event api on the host,
> which will be inotify probably on linux.
>
> At this moment the different events look like:

Maybe I will add locking information as well. I see that the
/proc/locks file can be monitored as well.

To me, information is very valuable.  It would be very nice (yes my
opinion) to have information about a file on a nfs (or cifs) share
about it lockstatus, and by who, and get notified when it's unlocked.

And no nobody asked me to do so.

Stef