Re: Possible to make nfs aware of a inotify watch has been set.

2012/11/29 Al Viro <viro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 05:39:27PM +0100, Stef Bon wrote:
>
>> And yes there is no such thing as a killer app, but in my opinion it's
>> the user experience.
>
> Ah, yes...  UX - the killer argument.  "Doing that would make qi flow better"
> and any objections are waved away, since the person objecting has no idea
> how qi behaves (since it doesn't exist, to start with).  Could we please keep
> the intellectual level above the Feng Shui scammers^W^W^WUX theorists usual?

Wow. Like I've said, I do not have a killer app, or anything else
which is as obvious like 1+1=2. No, but I give you my opinion. To me,
boldly stated, a system which is able to do fs notify events over
network filesystems is turning from a dump system into an intelligent
one.

With Ubuntu people started Unity, also without a killer app, but just
with an opinion, an impression, an idea. And anyone can dislike or
like it, it's a succes as far as I can see. What the hell is wrong
with suggesting things based upon an idea/impression?

Stef