Re: Possible to make nfs aware of a inotify watch has been set.

2012/11/29 Al Viro <viro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 09:31:05PM +0100, Stef Bon wrote:
>> 2012/11/29 Al Viro <viro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> > On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 05:39:27PM +0100, Stef Bon wrote:
>> >

>> With Ubuntu people started Unity, also without a killer app, but just
>> with an opinion, an impression, an idea. And anyone can dislike or
>> like it, it's a succes as far as I can see. What the hell is wrong
>> with suggesting things based upon an idea/impression?
>
> IOW, it was a true positive for "([Uu]ser experience)|UX" as BS predictor.
> Nice to know...
>
> Look, you'd been asked to give good reasons for doing some thing; replying with
> "it's My Opinion(tm), piss off if that's not enough reason for you" would at
> least have been honest.  References to UX, as your last reply has confirmed,
> had been basically an obfuscated equivalent of that.

No no, I do not say "piss off". If that is what my message looked
like, I'm sorry for that. But I do not have any killer app or
something. I cannot convince you otherwise that saying it's my
opinion. I do not have numbers or something like that proving I have a
point. I wish I have. But I do understand you do not agree with me,
and see things different.

> Sorry for being harsh, but I've had it with the GNOME crowd and their ilk
> using just such references to handwave away any questions.
>
> There's nothing wrong with having opinions/impressions/etc.  Everyone got
> their own, etc.  But "I believe so, period" is not a sufficient answer to
> "what makes that a good idea?" and obfuscating it up is even worse.

So, no I do not say "I believe so, period" . But I cannot convince you
...and we have different opinions here.. I don't know any method here
of "proving having a point".

Stef