Re: lag while printing and serial redirect

Hello!

>> it is also not delay, i've changed it from 10 to 5, and the lag is
>> smaler but not by half.
>
> This is a delay since the print data xfer ended, not started.
> So the total_time_before_printout_starts=data_xfer_time+printout_delay.
> If data_xfer_time is large enough, then reducing printout_delay
> twice will result in some srink of total time but not twice.
> Maybe you can reduce also the data_xfer_time, try
> speed 0
> in the beginning of your printing bat file.
OK i'll try on monday i mean next time i'll be at work.

>>> Are you sure you need '-X' for running just the bat file?
>>> Try -dumb or -td or -t depending on dosemu version.
>>
>> I have dosemu-1.4.0.7 or 1.4.0.8 ... no idea why but ubuntu repo says
>> it's 1.4.0.7 and dosemu that it's 1.4.0.8 :> Anyway it's 1.4 :D
>
> This is the last "stable" version, but its very very old unfortunately.
Ok it's old but working. At work I prefer to use old and stable
release than new and experimental. Also i don't want to add any non
standard repository there.

>> It's not "just a bat". I mean it is starting executable programm which
>> need terminal to be 80x24.
>> the batch file is now rather simple (just cd to working directory, and
>> exe with it's parameters) but i'll leave it like this because... i did
>> it this way under DOS 6.22 than  windows 95 in other shop under
>> FreeDos-0.9, than 1.0 (yes i had at work real 386DX in XXI century :D)
>>
>> I like to have it as large as possible, with -X i can set $_X_font =
>> "vga12x30" it's working.
>>
>> Of course I can change font in my terminal, and set it to start 80x24
>> by default but... i don't want large fonts in every terminal I start.
>
> You probably want some command that can enlarge and reduce
> the font size on fly, that can work on various terminal emulators.
> There seems to be no such command, even though google shows
> there is a demand for it.
I can have few profiles in gnome-terminal but did not find any way to
change profile from desktop file i'm starting all that stuff. BTW
what's wrong with -X. Why should I try to not use it? Anyway of course
i will try because it something between me and computer. It have to
know *who* is teh owner ;-)

--
Pozdrawiam, Jakub.
Milion osób dziennie pobiera Firefoksa... pobierz i Ty! firefox.pl