Re: Char set problem

Hi Franta,

I run dosemu under X. I would prefer running under console but it hasn't worked since, I think, I have a "big" monitor, i.e. not a 80x25.

In the meantime I could solve the char set problem. You won't believe: I had a dosemu.conf in /etc, which had containded a different setting. What I cannot understand why user setting does not override the system-wide setting. What is important: it works well now, and because I'm the only user on this computer (who uses dosemu) it is all right.

KEA wrote:
I've just installed dosemu 1.4.0 on Slackware 13.37. In .dosemu.rc I
have the settings:

$_internal_char_set = "cp437"
$_layout = "hu-cwi"

which would mean that I use a rather old Hungarian keyboard layout and
charset setting. The layout works but it does NOT produce the chars it
should.

Hello Kea,

You run dosemu under X or console? With SDL or not?
Keyboard and NLS setting in all Linux, dosemu and DOS is pure woodoo
for me and dosemu docs is a bit unclear (for me and my poor english:),
but mostly after some fiddling I'm able get acceptable result.

--

Üdvrivalgással:
KEA.