dosemu and internet question

A new version of lynx was built for dos and if possible I'd like to get
the internet up enough so under dosemu I can have lynx go out on an
existing ethernet connection and find how well this package works.
Unfortunately the knowledge as to how to set up an ethernet card under dos
isn't widespread any longer or I might be able to test this version of
lynx on a dedicated dos box.  I have freedos available for the dedicated
dos box and might be able to get it installed tomorrow by a friend.  It's
got no screen reader capability until after installation and if a computer
won't talk to me or show me braille on a refreshable braille display I
can't use the computer.  What I'd like to know is if the internet
capabilities of dosemu are identical to dos with no drivers to support
packets and ethernet card installed or is there a little support that
might enable borrowing Linux resources to get out to the internet?