Re: printing

Vedran Vucic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I applied what you suggested and compiled GhostPCL I got the
> following error message when I started dosemu:
> root:# dosemu
> In file included from built-in global.conf:122
>                  from :122
> Error in /etc/dosemu/dosemu.conf: (line 363) syntax error
> Error in /etc/dosemu/dosemu.conf: (line 363) unrecognized command 'sOutputFile'
> Error in /etc/dosemu/dosemu.conf: (line 363) unrecognized command
> '"|lpr -P Laserprinter"'
> 3 error(s) detected while parsing the configuration-file
>
> My global.conf is here:
> http://pastebin.ca/2003520
>
> My dosemu.conf is here:
>
> http://pastebin.ca/2003522

>> Hi Vedran, here Andrew and others tried help You and it seem for me as
>> You ignore them. Things are probably simple:
>>
>> - You can print to any printer either:
>>  1) application is capable sent output in printer language
>>  2) or there is PPD Linux driver and app is capable sent output in
>> postscript
>>  3) or there is PPD Linux driver and you can convert application output
>> to postscript
>>
>> You must be clear which above method is possible, and thus you need
>> know which output format your application can produce - until now I
>> nowhere in your post saw this information.
>>
>> - your Laserjet 1020 printer isn't postscript printer, but is supported
>> in Linux - that means Linux print driver is able convert input
>> postscript job to printer language.
>>
>> - is very few DOS apps, which can output in postscript, and probably
>> none of them know ZjStream protocol. But usually they can print to PCL
>> printer. Then for me seems best way (and maybe just one) for you:
>>
>> 1)- configure your app to print to PCL printer
>> 2) configure Linux printer with right Linux driver (foo2zjs, you likely
>> already have it, when you can print from Linux apps)
>> 3) configure DOSEMU printing for convert PCL to PS, as wrote Andrew
>> before, or as (simple way, without e-mailing):
>> $_lpt1='pcl6 -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dNOPAUSE -sPAPERSIZE=a4
>> -sOutputFile="|lpr -P YourPrinter1" -'
>> $_lpt2='pcl6 -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dNOPAUSE -sPAPERSIZE=a4 -sOutputFile=-
>> -|lpr -P YourPrinter2'
>>
>> "pcl6" command is from GhostPCL package, which is available at:
>> http://www.artifex.com/downloads/
>>
>> When You will wish examine your app output, you can configure its output
>> to file:
>> $_lpt1 = "cat >/tmp/MyAppOutput"

Hello Vedran,
both lines in my post starting "$_lpt1=..." and "$_lpt2=..." are wrapped
by mail client, thus part

-sOutputFile="|lpr -P Laserprinter"

should be at end of previous line (and this must be uncommented, of course).
And You have omitted postrophe sign at its end. Entire line must end
with apostrophe "'" - all after

$_lpt1=

is command, which is run by dosemu and at its stdin dosemu pushes print
job from dos app (see dosemu doc). And entire this command is escaped
with apostrophes (').

Franta