Re: EMM386 not installed - protected mode software already running.

On 20/10/10 22:06, Mike McCarty wrote:
This was not the best post you've ever made, I trow. You may
not be aware of it, but Microsoft does care, and aggressively
pursues such kinds of piracy. Disney also does so, and has
sued several school districts for showing their movies as
treats for kids.

Beyond that, I don't want to live in a lawless society.

So, could we get back to discussing legal means to achieve his goals?

It would, however, be amusing to see MS pursue legal action for software they are no longer willing to supply!

Or are they still willing to sell you a copy/license?

Realistically, you could find a set of old DOS disks on eBay or similar if you are worried. It is not as if they have any serial number or odious "activation" process to interfere with such a transfer.