Re: EMM386 not installed - protected mode software already running.

Thanks for this information, Bryan. Unfortunately, it, together with further investigations into our source code base, convinces me that our application does indeed depend on the VCPI-based early versions of PharLap (I didn't know where to look previously) and will ultimately prove to be incompatible with DOSEmu. Some of the PharLap links are pretty loose and could possibly be converted to work differently, but some of the third party stuff like Greenleaf Comms is pretty tightly linked with PharLap286 and I don't think we want to be changing that.

But that's okay, this little walk down "memory lane" (pun intended) didn't waste too much time and has given me some other ideas besides rewrite that may ultimately prove more fruitful.

I'd like to thank all you guys here for your support,  Viva Open Source.

Steve