Re: [LSF/MM/BPF TOPIC] Multi-sized THP performance benchmarks and analysis on ARM64

On Tue, 25 Jun 2024, Ryan Roberts wrote:

But I also want to raise a more general point; We are not done with the
optimizations yet. contpte can also improve performance for iTLB, but this
requires a change to the page cache to store text in (at least) 64K folios.
Typically the iTLB is under a lot of pressure and this can help reduce it. This
change is not in mainline yet (and I still need to figure out how to make the
patch acceptable), but is worth another ~1.5% for the 4KPS case. I suspect this
will also move the needle on the other benchmarks you ran. See [3] - I'd
appreciate any thoughts you have on how to get something like this accepted.

[3] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20240111154106.3692206-1-ryan.roberts@xxxxxxx/

The discussion here seems to indicate that readahead is already ok for order-2 (16K mTHP size?). So this is only for 64K mTHP on 4K?