Re: [LSF/MM/BPF TOPIC] Multi-sized THP performance benchmarks and analysis on ARM64

On Thu, 28 Mar 2024 09:47:04 -0700
Yang Shi <shy828301@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We just made some progress regarding multi-sized THP benchmarking on
> the ARM64 platform. So I'd like to propose the topic "Multi-sized THP
> performance benchmark on ARM64" for MM track.
>
> We ran a series of benchmarks on Ampere Altra platform using some
> popular workloads in the cloud: In-memory databases, kernel
> compilation, etc, using different sized huge pages: 2M, 128K, 64K and
> others.
>
> This topic will cover:
>   - The benchmark data of some popular workloads in Cloud
>   - The performance analysis (where the gain came from, the
> contributing factors, etc)
>   - Th recommended page sizes which can achieve overall decent performance gain

Sounds like useful data, but is it a suitable topic for LSF-MM?
What open questions etc is it raising?

I'm very interested in seeing your results, but maybe this isn't the best path
for them.

Jonathan